DVDs and CDs have become obsolete in these contemporary times. The online platform YouTube has very well taken over them. While this virtual form is used widely for watching and sharing videos online, it can get very annoying sometimes. Viewers need to have a fast and stable internet connection to enjoy a seamless online video experience. Prolonged and repetitive buffering can get on nerves. Also, some videos are restricted for download purposes. Hence, some other medium would be needed to save the video on a mobile phone for smooth offline viewing.
How to convert any YouTube video to MP4 format?
A user can convert youtube videos in more than one way as per convenience. However, one should keep in mind that the conversion is not targeted for any unauthorized usage violating the uploader’s reserved rights. The most-used ways for converting YouTube views to .mp4 extension are:-
- YouTube Downloader
It is one of the decent ways to store videos on a personal device. One can also select the desired format other than MP4. Due to several options for conversion, umpteen people find it the most convenient method. The steps to be followed for this conversion method are as follows:-
- Search ‘YouTube Downloader‘ on the browser‘s search engine.
- Download and install the corresponding application.
- Go back to the YouTube application and play the chosen video.
- Find ‘Share‘ below the video to see the option to copy the link.
- After copying the link, go to the downloaded application.
- Paste the copied link in the vacant box for conversion.
- Choose the format MP4 or any other.
- Select the folder to save the video.
- Click on “Download.”
- Wait until done.
- Other Applications
Some web developers have come up with external software that can copy YouTube videos to mobile phones or laptops. These applications may be found in Play Store, but iOS may have its own set of rules. One can also download the apk files from search engines. The cons being that they may contain ads or have other user-restricting features. But some popular apps offer the following pros:-
- Safe to use
- Resizing video
- Varied quality
- Option to trim
- Free conversions
- Ad–free experience
- Batch downloading
- And many others
For someone who does not want to install any software to save YouTube videos on mobile phones, etc., have this as the most suitable option. Here, the user has to visit a website that allows online conversion of YouTube videos to MP4. It is probably the most commonly used method for giving a direct interface. The steps for this procedure are as follows:-
- Go to YouTube and find the desired video.
- Copy the link of the video by clicking ‘Share.’
- Search ‘YouTube to MP4 websites‘.
- Open any of the relevant websites.
- Paste the copied link on the website‘s empty bar.
- Select the MP4 or other format.
- Click ‘OK‘ or ‘Convert‘ as given.
- Please wait until it finishes.
Voila! At the end of any of the three methods mentioned above, one would have the video in the personal hard storage of the phone or the computer. The downloading speed would depend upon the internet connection, the video’s length, and the quality of the same. However, it does not take long hours. Rather it may be completed in a few minutes or even in some seconds. YouTube has changed how videos were exchanged in older times, and these converting tools have made it easier.