Muscle building is the latest trend everywhere. Be it youth, teens, or young adults, everyone is looking for a muscle supplement to strengthen their muscles or as a Testosterone booster that can help them with their workout sessions. Muscle supplements are tools to increase muscle building potential. This has become a boon for many online marketers who are trying to sell their products like ZMA, Methoxy, etc. claiming to build muscles within days. However many people do not know that there are two muscle supplements that work best to build strong muscles.
If you do not use proper supplements, they might harm your body at a later stage. So identifying the right muscle supplement is the first step. The two muscle supplements that work best are Protein powder and Creatine Monohydrate.
Protein is a long chain of Amino acids with different functionalities like building body structure, helping in digestion, and aiding in movement. Muscles are made mostly of proteins. Proteins also repair the damaged muscle tissues and help the body to get a positive nitrogen balance. Nitrogen is found only in proteins.
Protein powder is the right supplement for muscle building. We often find bodybuilders taking protein powder as a muscle supplement. Protein powder will boost the immune system and promote healthy skin. Protein powder is not meant only for bodybuilders. If we take protein powder every day in the morning, it stabilizes our blood sugar level the whole day and provides nutritional benefits. However, it is interesting to note that all proteins are not equal. There are 20 amino acids that make up a complete protein and out of the 8 are called essential proteins which have to be taken as a diet, else a person might fall ill with protein deficiency.
All the essential amino acids are found incomplete proteins. Animal proteins can be taken as complete proteins as they contain all essential amino acids. Meat, poultry, fish, whey protein, milk, and other dairy products contain a balanced level of amino acids and give your body a rich source of protein. Whey protein is highly recommended as it is a complete protein and gives the body a good digestive tract. However, there are few incomplete proteins like plant food which is not recommended as they lack one or more amino acids needed to build cells. Plant food can be mixed together to be made as a complete protein.
The amount of protein intake is determined by your body weight. One gram of protein per pound of bodyweight is to be taken if you want to build lean muscle mass. Divide the number by 5 and take that amount of protein every 2-3 hours.
Creatine is produced by the metabolism of the body and is composed of three acids, methionine, arginine, and glycine. 95% of creatine is found in skeletal muscles while the other 5% is found in the heart, brain, and testes. Creatine enhances your body’s ability to produce Adenosine triphosphate which is used by muscles as a fuel when contracting. Adenosine Triphosphate provides energy by releasing one of its molecules and to support ATP, the glycogen burning process is done releasing lactic acid as a byproduct. Too much lactic acid causes a burning sensation. If you supply creatine to your body, lactic acid production will minimize and you can exercise hard for long hours thereby building huge muscles. You can supply creatine to your body by taking food like salmon fish, beef, etc. but it is difficult to determine the right amount of intake.
Creatine Monohydrate in powder form is the best way to supply your body with exact levels of creatine. Creatine monohydrate is safe and effective and at the same time inexpensive.
It is recommended to divide the supplementing regimes into three phases called loading, maintenance, and washout phases. During the loading time, you need to consume five grams of creatine monohydrate four times a day for five days. Some experts say that the loading phase of five days is not required but there are many instances that proved that it is required for better results.
Protein powder and creatine monohydrate are undoubtedly the two best muscle supplements that work for effective muscle building. Bodybuilding is not an activity of one day. If you follow a proper diet along with regular workouts, you can achieve your goal of a great physique.